Tuition & Financial Assistance
Tuition Rates and Fees for the 2016-2017 School Year
Application Fee (Non-refundable): $100
Tuition Deposit (Non-refundable): $2,600
School Fees: $100
Other Financial Obligations at The Lionheart School
Because tuition only covers 60% of the cost of each student’s education, Lionheart depends heavily on fundraising in order to sustain its existence. All parents are expected to contribute to our annual fund, the GOAL Scholarship Program, and our annual auction.
- Annual Fund: Gifts range from small to large. We aim for 100% family participation. Families are encouraged to give an amount that is commensurate with their ability. With each gift comes the message that you support the faculty, staff and programs of The Little School, and together all gifts have a significant impact.
- Auction: We ask that all families contribute by purchasing tickets, obtaining sponsorships and procuring items that would be of interest to others in our community. The amount of purchases and donations made at the auction vary.
- Additional Costs: Some field trips, special lunches, etc.
Lionheart provides scholarships for 75% of students from one or more of the following scholarship sources:
- Georgia Special Needs Scholarship (SB10): There are four criteria for this scholarship. One is that “the student has spent the entire immediate prior school year in attendance at a Georgia public school in grades K – 12.” The average SB10 award to Lionheart students is $7,100.
- Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program: Students who are Georgia residents enrolled in a Georgia public school or students who are eligible to enroll in a qualified kindergarten or 1st grade program can qualify to receive GOAL Scholarships. The average GOAL Scholarship award to Lionheart students is $6,300.
- Lionheart scholarships are available on a limited basis.
The Director of Operations administers all scholarship programs and will assist families through the process once they have been admitted.